Emervel (Restylane) Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Filler
You might have already heard about the benefits that you can get from dermal fillers, but maybe you have yet to hear about Emervel. Known as Restylane in the United States, Emervel is a softer filler that can help enhance your natural beauty while minimizing the signs of aging.
This is what you need to know about this innovative product.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Emervel is made from a natural substance called hyaluronic acid. This is one of the most versatile substances that you can find in nature, which is why it has been used in different facial products for the past twenty years.
The HA that is in Emervel mimics the HA that is already in your body. This makes it easier for your body to absorb and take in, recognizing it as a natural part of your body.
What are its uses?
While they are most often associated with wrinkles, dermal fillers like Emervel have many different uses. They are used for:
- Plumping Lips: Emervel can be used to fill in your lips, giving them a larger and fuller appearance. This is especially helpful if you have naturally thin lips.
- Improve Scars: While the filler might not be able to totally eliminate the appearance of scars, it can help fill in the space under the skin where your tissue has healed.
- Enhance Contours: Some people have naturally shallow contours in their faces. Emervel can help fill in those gaps and fill out your face where it might need more shape.
- Decrease Lower Lid Shadow: For those who suffer from dark circles under their eyes or a shadow on the lower lid, Emervel can help fill in under the eyes. As a result, your eyes will look less tired and younger.
- Straighten Nose: Dermal fillers can also help straighten out your nose. For those with a slightly crooked nose or with a bump on it, the filler can help improve the appearance of the nose. This is not the same as a rhinoplasty, however, and is not a substitute for one. But it can help with minor imperfections.
- Wrinkle Filler: Dermal fillers are also an option for deep wrinkles. Where Botox will freeze the muscles that cause wrinkles, some wrinkles need a little extra help, filling in the spaces that they have created. The result is a smoother and fuller appearance.
After you have had a consultation with Dr. Pirani and know what Emervel can do for you, then you will be ready to come in for your dermal filler procedure. Before the procedure, you will need to make sure that you stop taking any medication that can thin your blood, like aspirin, as well as anti-inflammatory medicines like naproxen and ibuprofen.
The procedure itself takes a matter of minutes up to an hour, depending on the amount of filler that you are having placed. You will receive a series of injections with the filler at the appointment. You might feel well enough to go back to work that same day as well, but some people prefer to take the rest of the day off.
Even though it is a dermal filler, you will not see the full effect of the filler right away. You will notice some swelling, which is simply your body responding to the filler being placed. Because hyaluronic acid is a natural substance, after the first 24 hours, the swelling will go down. It might take a week for the swelling to completely subside.
After one to two weeks, you will really get to see what the filler has done for you. As Hyaluronic Acid is a natural substance, your body will naturally metabolize it over time. This means that Emervel is not permanent. The filler can last anywhere from 6 to 18 months, depending completely on where it was placed as well as your own metabolism.
If you are excited to see what Emervel can do for you, give Dr. Pirani’s office a call and set up your consultation. Together, you will be able to make the perfect plan to meet your cosmetic needs.