BOTOX® Browlifts For Droopy Eyelids
Having droopy eyelids can either be attributed to heavy eyelid skin, in which case eyelid surgery is usually recommended, or a low brow which can be corrected with a brow lift.
What is BOTOX®?
BOTOX® is a drug made from the neurotoxin Botulinum. It is the most popular cosmetic surgery treatment in the world, with more than 600 million treatments administered each year!
BOTOX® is used for:
- The reduction of fine lines and wrinkles by paralysing the underlying muscles.
- Treatment of muscular disorders.
- Treatment of hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating, in the palms and armpits.
- Treatment of migraines.
- Treatment of some bladder and bowel disorders.
Droopy Eyelids or a Low Brow?
It’s important to understand the difference between a low-set eye-brow, and a drooping eye-lid.
- If a high dose of BOTOX® is injected into the forehead, this may increase the likelihood of a drooping brow.
- If the BOTOX® is injected too close to your eye-elevating muscle, you may encounter droopy eyelids after BOTOX®.
- By injecting BOTOX® in the outside part of the eye, the muscle that normally acts to depress the brow, you will notice a bit of a brow lift.
- Those with a drooping eyebrow, or poor eyebrow shape are good candidates to receive BOTOX®.
- When considering a BOTOX® brow lift, make sure you go with an expert. Since BOTOX® can have the opposite effect desire on a drooping brow, it’s important that your injector have many years of experience and a deep understanding of facial structure and anatomy.
BOTOX® or Brow Lift?
A Brow lift is often recommended for patients with:
- Sagging eyebrows
- Forehead Wrinkles
- Frown Lines
Often patients who suffer from excess eyelid skin are really suffering from a drooping brow. A Brow Lift is a surgical procedure, with a recovery time of 1-4 weeks, with postoperative swelling usually resolved after 2-6 weeks. As you can see, there is a large range in recovery time. Everyone heals differently!
BOTOX® is a quick and easy procedure—treatment sessions can take as little as 5 minutes—and is completely non-surgical. While BOTOX® brow lifts can be very effective, they are temporary, lasting 3-4 months.
If you are considering either procedure, contact Dr. Pirani for a consultation. During your hour-long consultation, Dr. Pirani will spend time going over the procedure, covering any risks or complications, and giving you an idea of what you can expect in terms of results and recovery.